VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there

which double seats fold forward ?

really want both seats to have proper belts rather than lap belt as having a baby soon so need to replace my single . was hopping to get front bunk type bed for the extra one when he/she arrives . but would like the double to fold forward for better access to he/she while asleep .

bet ones with two good belts don't fold forward do they ?

how do others house there new born once they join the vw family ?

thanks chas

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the ones with 2 3point belts dont fold .no way to do what you ask.only pole bunk across cab.i think.unless someone has done it different.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right pain that is then

really hard to get little one in out with seat backs in the way .

cheers chas

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have seen a folding double seat with 2 3-point seat belts for a t4. Cant remember if it was originally a t4 seat, but I have seen it on this forum. I was searching double folding seats at the time and saw it in one of the search result topics... Cant remember more than that I'm afraid.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
The t4 front double with 3 point belts does not fold and they didn't do one that did. People have talked about moding at t5 seat but that you be a big job.

My little one is 5months and I've swapped my double with 2x3 point belts for the folding type, the kid goes in the seat with the 3point belt anyway as the child seat gets in the way of the gears so its the missus with lap belt. Little one will sleep on cab bunk across front, that's why got a folder for access. Although I've just got a fullwidth cannon forge bed that the kid goes on now so probs gona get another captains.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The t4 front double with 3 point belts does not fold and they didn't do one that did. People have talked about moding at t5 seat but that you be a big job.
I got bored lastnight and had a search around. I believe the one I saw was infact a modded T5 seat. Apparently all they did was widen the mounting holes in the floor, trim some foam off the front right corner so it didnt foul the gearstick, then carefully replaced the seat cover.

Having said that, apparently the floor in the t5 is a bit lower, so when the seats are transplanted into the t4, it is a bit higher, but perfectly useable.

Someone else raised a good point that any modified seat can null your insurance if you have an accident, so bear this in mind if you decide to start chopping or drilling any seats...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I got bored lastnight and had a search around. I believe the one I saw was infact a modded T5 seat. Apparently all they did was widen the mounting holes in the floor, trim some foam off the front right corner so it didnt foul the gearstick, then carefully replaced the seat cover.

Having said that, apparently the floor in the t5 is a bit lower, so when the seats are transplanted into the t4, it is a bit higher, but perfectly useable.

Someone else raised a good point that any modified seat can null your insurance if you have an accident, so bear this in mind if you decide to start chopping or drilling any seats...
very good point T:T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts