VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After changing the whole exhaust system on my 2009 2.5 to stainless, if I go with the dpf delete pipe what will happen until I get a chance to get it remapped etc? Will it go into limp home? Or will I just get a warning light?
Don't want to drive up to pp then struggle home, will get it remapped, ASAP but prob won't have time to get it all done the same week.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Dont quote me on this but there are two temp sensors and something else i suspect it might dick around with your fueling ask martin off here first and it might be worth having martin do the delete keeping the dpf in place just having its innards removed as it may interfere with the future T: mot tests

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dont quote me on this but there are two temp sensors and something else i suspect it might dick around with your fueling ask martin off here first and it might be worth having martin do the delete keeping the dpf in place just having its innards removed as it may interfere with the future T: mot tests
Yes above I'd certainly leave the existing DPF section on your van & just have the contents removed during the Remap & dpf delete ;) ..
The existing section is already s/s, and you'll have no problems passing the MOT, as to most it will just look as though you have the dpf fitted A:

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense to keep it there i suppose. My dpf doesnt look ss though, looks a bit rusty, just thought all ss and no more exhaust probs...ever:) Is there any advantage to the delete pipe?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ha, purchased my first T5 2.5 today with a problematic DPF filter (got it cheap) ragged the hell out of it and it goes alot better. Just signed up to the forum to see what was involved in smashing the inards out of this thing? I take it that alone will cause ECU issues? Hi by the way!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Was told that you need to make sure it's all out and mapped out other wise it can catch on fire :(

Just a thought...

Oh hi welcome to the forum :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts