VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to campervan ownership! This is Indi (formerly Philip) who I bought in March. He was almost perfect as he'd been very well looked after by his previous owner, I just wanted to put my own stamp on him, as it were.
Pic shows before and after his visit to the bodyshop where he had his facelift. He looks a lot more beefed up now. Love him to bits and am proud to be a member of Team Blue!

Premium Member
Huge improvement after his surgery, welcome to camper ownership (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pop top conversion next then that should do for a while I think. Just want to go out and use it now. Loving my custom wheels but I really can't decide whether the van should be lowered ever so slightly.... I'm sure that'll divide opinion!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I'm thinking lowering would look good. I don't want to change the wheels as they've only just gone on and my husband customised them so the VW logo is always upright. They are an improvement on the original ones on the van (pictured), but yeah, I'd still have gone bigger if I had a choice...that'll be the girl racer in me

Registered

Hi, 鈥榟ubby鈥 here. I prefer this photo as it shows the remodelled Rolls-Royce spinners off better but it鈥檚 definitely going lower 馃榿馃槑

Registered
Ahh...i knew the style but couldnt quite place the wheel . Are these 19's ?
yes mate, they鈥檙e 19鈥檚. I had them repainted in a smoke grey and they鈥檙efitted with 225/45/19 continental tyres to keep the rolling radius exactly the same as the factory wheels and tyres that came off so we鈥檝e got no issues with the Speedo reading etc.
It could have taken a higher profile tire on the 19鈥檚 and still cleared the arches etc. but it鈥檚 the other half鈥檚 van and she was adamant she wanted the same rolling radius, which is fair enough :) but does mean it needs to go a little lower now. Maybe 40mm or so but I鈥檓 still waiting to see where the suspension will end up once it鈥檚 settled from being raised on the ramp to have them fitted and to see what difference the weight of the pop top roof will make to indi once that鈥檚 fitted.

Premium Member
I might be stating the obvious here, but surely there are cheaper garages to take your van too? 馃槀

Reactions: 64 SPLIT
1 - 20 of 27 Posts