VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50 mpg! Multivan advertised on ebay, unmodified and achieves this. Hmmm, wonder if theres any truth in that?

Currently get about high 30's low 40's out of mine.

·
Registered
969 Posts
50 mpg! Multivan advertised on ebay, unmodified and achieves this. Hmmm, wonder if theres any truth in that?

Currently get about high 30's low 40's out of mine.
From what I have read around here, 50mpg is only achieved through a donor engine... such as the 1.9TDi that people often do.

The best run I have ever had is 699miles to a tank, 80litres, roughly 17gallons? Thats 41MPG. (Using DR)!

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
From what I have read around here, 50mpg is only achieved through a donor engine... such as the 1.9TDi that people often do.

The best run I have ever had is 699miles to a tank, 80litres, roughly 17gallons? Thats 41MPG. (Using DR)!
a tank is not 80 liters, you can get a damn sight more in there.

Brim to Empty is about 100liters on mine.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
My Multivan is pretty good and is bog standard. The best I have ever had from a tank is 43.4 mpg over two weeks of commuting and being very careful.

I reckon with good conditions on a one off run I could improve on that, but for general running you are going to get 40mpg...so is likely to be a mis type on his part.

T:

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
I thought the very same and initially wondered if it had an engine transplant but alas no.

The seller is obviously a fibber Y:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts