VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of some help and advice... Any suggestions would be very welcome!!

I've got a 57 plate vw t5 with roof bars and very soon a newly installed elevated roof!!

I cannot work out the best way to connect my Khyam XC awning to my van?! I was thinking of a pole and clamp set, but I don't think I have a suitable gutter.

I want a solution that means we can drive off the campsitez and connecting/disconnecting the van isn't a major issue.

Cheers, Lisa T:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hi Lisa, I have roof bars and the same driveaway awning but no pop top.
I have screwed a 2.4m aluminium awning rail direct to my roof rails using stainless screws and works perfect with the Kador strip.T:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I have a 58 T5 with pop top, the bloke who built it fitted a reimo awning rail that looks great and fits my outwell drive away awning perfectly

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Another thumbs up for a Reimo rail. Use the pole & clamp method as opposed to the kador strip to fit the awning, it's a lot easier.T:

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
If you're new pop top has gas struts inside the canvas then you can attach a piece of ali gutter rail into the original rail where you're roof bars go. Otherwise its a Reimo multirail or the California rail.

·
Registered
485 Posts
When your poptop is fitted there wont be any effective gutters, reimo rail at least deflects some of the water on the roof in rain so passenger side does not get wet when the window or door is opened

1 - 9 of 9 Posts