VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first post on the forum - I have got some great advice from previous posts I have read and thought it was time I said hello and thanks to everyone who has helped me and didn't know it. T:

I have a yellow, '95, 2.4 non turbo, SWB T4. In the 10 short months I have owned it I have had to replace: the head, pistons and rings, rebore, few water pipes, clutch (rude not to as the engine was out) front brake hoses, tyres and much much more but I still love it!

I have just returned from a camping trip in Bude and during the holiday my tent blew over and broke 3 poles. Using this as an excuse I would like to purchase a drive away awning for my van. With an expanding family something to sleep 4 (in the awning) ideally. 2 separate bedrooms would be great. Any recommendations or advice would be appriciated.

Does my ideal awning exist or is there a tent that would fit snuggly against my loading door? What is a figure of 8? what do i need to fit it to the van? :confused:

Thanks in advance

Bryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Thats exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Do you have any experiance of Khyam yourself?

As far as the budget goes I guess I would want the best available and wait till I had the funds.

Regards
Bryan

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've had two khyams and I think that they are the dogs, used it in some very bad weather and have never had any probs, I've got the motordome sleeper at the mo.
Hope this helps with your decision, O and welcomeT:

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
we have Coleman tent, prefering tents to awnings, but previously had 2 Kyham tents, after a Cabanon tent ( always wanting quality ! )

lots of awnings to choose from, worth a drive over to Somerset camping nr Taunton, lot's on display there to assess, and prices as good as teh internet

not cheap, but buy once and get it right. look after it, good resale value aswell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts