VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, im hoping the weather isnt going to let us down next week at Beaulieu! but am also thinking of adding a drive away awning to my T5 for added space etc, any tips on good but not too expensive options?
Cheers

·
Registered
123 Posts
We picked up a virtually new Movelite Square on ebay for just over £100 after a little thinking about what we actually needed

It's a small awning which doesn't take up much room in the van when not in use (if we only stay somewhere for one night we tend not to use it and opt for a lightwieght sun canopy and wind break) and the doors zip back to give an open gazebo feel to it for sitting out in nice weather

The windows let us sit out and see what's going on if the weathers not great and it gives space to store coolbox, boots, wellies etc when out and about

Better with two to put it up but not impossible as a solo effort although you may end up being the "entertainement" if there's a bit of a breeze!

We had a Kyham quick erect jobie but it was a pain for us as it took up the room of a small adult when not in use and it seemed very prone to condensation taking an age to dry out after use

Obviously my opinion on things but hope it helps

Mr B

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys, im hoping the weather isnt going to let us down next week at Beaulieu! but am also thinking of adding a drive away awning to my T5 for added space etc, any tips on good but not too expensive options?
Cheers
We live not far from Beaulieu and am selling my practically new (used for two nights) awning - please see my thread :D

·
Registered
11,100 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is the awning we have - bought from Fishbrain a couple of months ago! Have also just realised we live in the same town!!

Send me a message or call if interested - I have pm'd my number to you

Cheers, Sally Ann

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am thinking exactly the same thing. Was planning on taking a tent for the kids but if the weather is rubbish then an awning would be better. Khyam all the way from what I have researched. A couple of good ones can be found on gumtree or eBay but can you get one in time......? Fingers crossed for sunshine!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Outwell awnings seem to get quite good reviews. I just bought the Country Road model from Amazon for £269, which seems to have dropped from its RRP of £440 or so.
There are cheaper ones, but they look a bit limp in comparison.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have had this up for sale for ages still no luck anyone interested

The Royal Traveller Tunnel Driveaway Awning is supplied with a seperate groundsheet , 2 berth inner tent.
Hardly used, excellent condition. £125

also
Heavy Duty roof rack for commercial or leisure purposes.
Black powder coated frame with front wind spoiler, 7 fixed bars and rear roller. Fitting brackets included. £150

Photos available on my albums

I'm in Winchester so not far from Bealieu

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts