VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi as above drive belt snapped and i dont know the route it should go back on!! can anyone help poss with a diagram!I:

cheers i need the van on road a.s.a.p for work so any help would be greatly appreciated

taT:T:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
do you mean your alternator belt or timing belt,hope its alternator,maybe get a better response if you state age,engine size,power steering,aircon etc as the belts are different sizes and route differently T:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
If you do mean the drivebelt for the alternator and waterpump on the 1.9d engine then its an easy one to replace but you will have to remove the power steering belt to get it on,the route goes from the crank to the alternator then below the waterpump pulley and back onto the crank.The waterpump pulley doesnt have grooves for the grooved belt to run in like the waterpump and crank pully's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You know this engine is interference type right? If your drive belt (cam belt) snaps it generally leads to valves and pistons connecting. Probably won't help to just put a new belt on before you check for damge. Did it make a lot of noise before it stopped etc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts