VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
recently picked up our beautifully customised caravelle. Want to know what driveaway awnings you guys recommend?? The van has no gutters so which fixings will be best for which awnings?? Please help. Will post pictures of the van soon:D

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
we have a kyham driveaway xc,looks good,plenty big enough for 5 of us,

and pretty easy to put up,we dont actually attach it to the van at the mo,just chuck ropes over and tie to wheels,,

will be looking at a rail this year maybe,but its not a nessessity,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brill, thank you both. Are the suckers universal? cold they be used for the Khyman as they are a good price right now.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Outdoor Revolution Movelite Pro Square for me. I bought it because it comes with the bedroom and a seperate groundsheet, its heavier quality than any of the others on the market and designed to take windier conditions plus its expandable with the zip in annexe T:T:T:

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
All that happens is u get the pole with your awning and the suckers slide on to it and you then stick to your roof , if your roof is clean you can't pull them ofF you have to undo them , not sure if you could use them with a pop top roof as the surface has to be flat for a good 4 inch or they don't stick
Only problem I had was dirty roof and I only bought 3 and my awning had space for 4 so one side (the back ) only had one sucker then a big gap till the next one if u understand that lol
I was very impressed one will easy hold your weight to hang off
U could climb a glass window with them lol

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
I think u just go for the pole attachment and not the rail but it should tell you on the site

·
Registered
539 Posts
We got the outlaw from hear http://www.campershop.co.uk/awnings.htm
With suckers from justkampers so it sticks to the roof and in the bad weather last year it was brill and we was very pleased with it
5 of us and dog slept in it , loads of head room
Been looking at buying the Outlaw, looks really good qualityT:
Were driving past they're place in a couple of weeks so were defo gonna get one. Did it leak at all around the sliding door with the sucker attachments? I was going to go for the reimo rail but if suckers work that will save a few quid:)
Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Worth buying the reimo multirail (qualty enjoyed long after price is forgotten ).Also cuts down risk of damage to paintwork that some have had by using suckers. Got the kyham motordome classic and think it's superb. Their quick erect system means you get to a site and in next to no time awning is up and ready (10-15 mins max for me). Saves all the hassle of putting poles together etc particularly if weather not too good. Easy to pack away too if a little bulky and also not much chance of pieces getting lost or going missing. Obviously diferent people have different ideas but this system really works for me. Also some good buys available on 2010 Kyham awnings if you are quick.T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all, been looking at the khyman, looks really good. gonna go for the suckers to help as dont want to be drilling holes in the van!:D

·
Literally, white van man
4,071 Posts
Thank you all, been looking at the khyman, looks really good. gonna go for the suckers to help as dont want to be drilling holes in the van!:D
:)I've got a motordome sleeper, plenty big enough and use the reimo rail to attatch it. I fitted the rail myself, no drama's if you take your time and it's neat as you like T:

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts