VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so my MOT is due for renewal and I still need to clear a drivers airbag fault:

9437210 - Igniter for Driver's Airbag
B1000 1A [137] - Resistance Too Low

Last year I upgraded to a MFSW and coded it etc, all was working although I did fiddle with the slip ring (winding it) not realising what I was doing, but then centred it befire putting wheel on I thought. The airbag light has come on fairly recently only.

I have just popped the airbag off again to check connections, they seem fine, but before I remove the wheel to check the slip ring could the slip ring be partly damaged as the horn and stereo controls still work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I know this is a old post but my problem is exactly the same after changing my steering wheel. Did you resolve this?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Did you turn the ignition ON with the airbag disconnected ?

Has the ABS fault light been ON as soon as you finished the conversion/change ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well this morning I checked the circuit on the pins behind the steering wheel on the clock spring and the top two are for the airbag, they had a short, so I took off the wiper stalk and on the back of the stalk there was still a short which eliminated my wiring for the MFSW. So the problem turned out to be that above the two pins on the rear of the clock spring had a connector that bridged the two pins when not installed to the stalk so I bent these up and hey presto all fixed after I wiped the code. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Not 100% sure on this, but I've a feeling that shorting link should be there to protect the airbag circuit against static, when the airbag itself is not connected. Connecting the airbag, electrically, should disconnect that link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts