VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my T5 drivers door has slightly dropped over age and the gap at the front bottom edge to the front wing is smaller than the top.
Can you undo the bottom hinge on the spine bolt where it bolts the body and pull the door back up? or is there more to it than that?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the same problem and I believe it is the upper hinge that is worn. It's a pig of a job to replace involving dash removal so I've simply placed a thin washer inbetween to raise the door slightly. Job for the summer I think.

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same problem and I believe it is the upper hinge that is worn. It's a pig of a job to replace involving dash removal so I've simply placed a thin washer inbetween to raise the door slightly. Job for the summer I think.
Where did you put this washer?, regarding the dash removal doesn't the hinge bolt to the body via the splin headed bolts?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry my mistake I meant the lower hinge wears. There are bolts from the inside too. I first loosened the bolts that attach the two hinge parts,lifted the door slightly and then placed a thin washer in the gap of the lower hinge. It's only temporary but it's worked.
I'd take a pic but the van is going in for some bodywork repair tomorrow morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts