VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello , some kind idiot today didnt give way i had right of way but he obviously said stuff it and in the process battered my mirror , i stopped but he didnt probably realised it was his fault .
anyway the casing seems ok but the glass is smashed , as it was knocked out , , will i have to take the whole thing apart to refit the new glass ?hopefully a local factors have one coming tomorrow for £16 +vat .
thanks peter

·
Registered
437 Posts
You dont have to take it apart but check if the piece which holds the mirror glass backing plate to the casing isn't broken. Had my mirror smashed by a luton van. Lucky I had the window open otherwise I think the window would have gone aswell. Although most of my mirror casing hit me in the face:eek: Had to by the whole thing because a small piece of plastic broke:( Total cost was over £100

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm mines just an ordinary one not leccy or heated , ill have to wait to see what the replacment looks like ive got the one that came out allbeit broken, theres a round bit still in the housing that looks ok so id imagine its just a matter of pushing in the new one

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok got the glass today with the backing £17 which i thought was a good price , only problem is the bit inside the housing is also damaged so cant fit the glass .
anyone breaking or has a unit for sale ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts