VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a drivers seat swivel work with a double passenger seat.
I'm going through stages changing the seating to suit our needs, the swivel would be great for my personal camping use but the double may be necessary for family travel with the next addition to the family so I don't want to take it out just yet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi, I dont think you can swivel the drivers with a double passenger in place.Its a captains or single with the double up front or two singles/captains, on swivels if preferred.If you put a double in the front then any passenger door pocket you may have must go as it will be too tight.Best plan is two captains up front [swivels optional] and a long seat/rockand roll bed with seat belts at the back.best for all then.T:

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Have a look around here - one guy put a double bench seat on a swivel with a bespoke anchoring device for seatbelt style safety :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, space for seating is a big issue as we need space for 4 + a wheelchair and soon a 5th :confused: . If she isn't in her wheel chair my eldest has to travel laid down in a special harness or sat on a Knee with a Dr's note. None of which are ideal for us, her or safety. But it's that or stay at home for ever.

:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts