VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First post here, so hi!

I'm a total newbie but bought a T5.1 SWB about a month ago. It's currently set up as a Kombi but I'm hoping to turn it in to a camper for the family.

I'm finding it hard to find ply kitchen/wardrobe units that might fit on the passenger side (my sliding door is on the drivers side). Anyone know of someone that make them that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Also, looking at getting a Rusty Lee 3/4 bed to fit with the units but can't tell if this would work on the drivers side of the van? Or are they designed to go on the passenger side only?

Thanks!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Evomotion will make units that go on the passenger side, Regarding the bed it will very much depend on where the offside leg sits as the wheel arch may be in the way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evomotion will make units that go on the passenger side, Regarding the bed it will very much depend on where the offside leg sits as the wheel arch may be in the way
Thanks, will go check Evomotion out.

RE. the bed. They look pretty symmetrical. Will give Rusty Lee a shout.

Unless anyone has other recommendations?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Check out one out of a California, you will need the rails, bolts etc., and most probably will have to drill out holes in the floor to fix the rails in. I have fitted one in my shuttle where most of the holes and strengthening plates were already in situ, previously having been used to secure the passenger seats. Not cheap compared to some beds out there, but it gives me the flexibility I want; the bed board lifts out and I can slide the seat bed forwards and back as an when I need to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts