VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , has anyone removed there own driveshafts?? . If you have can they be wriggled out without breaking bottom balljoints ect .think i,ve got to change an a.b.s. ring . would really appriciate any help . thanks. Billy.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Just unbolt the lower BJ mate, no need to split it. You will need 2x new hub bolts too as they are single use T:T: If you need ABS rings i have two brand new ones if interested. My driveshafts came with them standard so i removed them T:T:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks to jimmy and clarkey . my carravelle is a 2.5 102 acv on a 2002 plate so not sure if your abs rings will fit maybe you know jimmy .also how are these rings held in place .?? billy

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
thanks to jimmy and clarkey . my carravelle is a 2.5 102 acv on a 2002 plate so not sure if your abs rings will fit maybe you know jimmy .also how are these rings held in place .?? billy
Mine were just held onto the shaft with tension in the ring (hammer on, hammer off). As i understand it the driveshafts are the same across the board, the only exception is pre 96 vans which have a narrower track and shorter driveshafts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help jimmy. here is my mobile no 07974027757. drop me a txt with how much you want and an address and i,ll post you a cheque or something .thanks again. billy

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My driveshafts came with them standard so i removed them T:T:
Why did you remove them, didn't it fit with them on? My '01 Syncro came without ABS & the rings were on the drive shaft from new.
On my previous van the replacement I fitted came with the ring pressed on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts