VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set now, but are the bulbs any good before I fit them?

If not what bulbs are they as there not the H4's?

Any one swapped them out?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
No they are poop, and so is your wiring (check with a multimeter your voltage, mine was 11.5v at the bulb wiring!)

I ditched the stock H1 bulbs, and bought 4 H1 100W clear bulbs. Alot better. Oh and have fun fitting the light stack, have plenty of washers at hand for adjusting and packing out the whole light stack..then,,there is the adjustment of the bulb it self :D

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Its all plug and play so that's fine T:

Remove old head lights and indicators. Plugs will then go in new head lights.

Bulbs should be changed before you fit the lights as access is fiddly..especially if your struggling changing the bulbs now and you haven't fitted them yet LOL:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesus Abyss, do you have child like hands? or sticks for fingers? ;)

The bulbs not even central to the hole?

Its all plug and play so that's fine T:

Remove old head lights and indicators. Plugs will then go in new head lights.

Bulbs should be changed before you fit the lights as access is fiddly..especially if your struggling changing the bulbs now and you haven't fitted them yet LOL:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see a trip to Manchester coming up, if you find a big ginger man hanging around Manchester at the weekend you'll know why..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pic of the man hand, it looks like we suffer from the same problem!

Funny thing, at the weekend I dropped a nut when fitting my new rear lights down inside the van and my 5 year old had to reach in and get it, he may have another use this weekend??

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,714 Posts
I just couldn't resist on commenting on this thread as I found it so funny ............ specially the photo of the large 'paw' ! LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

I have to read just about everything I can concerning headlights and bulbs, to get a better understanding of what people are up against, just doing research basically I:

Yet again, such a bad design ! why to they do it :*

Glad you have a 5 year old to help you out.

TURK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts