VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have fitted some Drl strips to my van but wondered what was best place to pick up live From, thinking they would be better off from a Live when ignition on supply, but any Advice would help!T:

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi, You can pick up a ingnition live from the back of the light switch in the cab.
It,s not as hard as it sounds if you remove the wipers and grill, then on the left in the engine bay at the top theres a spare gromet to take the cable though. your need to remove some of the lower dash, but thats pretty easy. then test with a 12volt tester at the switch to check for a ignition live. Already did this on mry T5.
Good luck T:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Hi all, I have fitted some Drl strips to my van but wondered what was best place to pick up live From, thinking they would be better off from a Live when ignition on supply, but any Advice would help!T:
There's an engine run live In the fuse box infront of the battery to the left. Use a piggy back fuse holder and saves going into cab area

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, just wondered if anyone had fitted a Switch to disable in case of MOT Issues??T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts