VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We dont really get involved in tv for vans as my thinking is unless you spend £1000, its going to be a pile of cheap chinese rubbish that wont work. And unless you keep the van in a garage, an expensive unit wont stay there for long:(.
Having proved that point by trying an xtrons unit for a customer, i am after any recommendations that people may have where £3-400 gets a half decent tv with dvd......it needs to be able to use tv.

Cheers
Ed

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
have a look at the kogan threads mine's been in a year and no problems, £93 with dvd £30 bracket then aerial park my auto or avtex etc, got rid of my chinese rubbish

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have 300 own brand units coming SVT
Mainly 11 inch
Some 15 inch with more features
The DVBT tuner is separate
WIll post some pictures when they arrive
The demo units were fine for six months until sold

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 300 own brand units coming SVT
Mainly 11 inch
Some 15 inch with more features
The DVBT tuner is separate
WIll post some pictures when they arrive
The demo units were fine for six months until sold
how long before they arrive......got to get one this week:eek:.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Avtex W164DRS on a Svensen SV6.0 bracket. Had one in my first camper and now just fitted one in my new camper. Fitted it on the underside of the roof bed and updated the struts to cope with the extra 3kg. Run the power and the aerial down the topside of the bed and then down the units and pick up the 12v and put the coaxial into a socket and all is plug and play.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Avtex W164DRS on a Svensen SV6.0 bracket. Had one in my first camper and now just fitted one in my new camper. Fitted it on the underside of the roof bed and updated the struts to cope with the extra 3kg. Run the power and the aerial down the topside of the bed and then down the units and pick up the 12v and put the coaxial into a socket and all is plug and play.
Totally agree. If I wanted a TV in my van it would be an AVTEX and wall mounted. The only problem with roof mounting a normal TV is that it doesnt look particularly integrated etc.....do you have any pictures in case I am swayed.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ant photos of the tv mate...:ILU:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
With the Drop downs personally I thinks it better to have a unit 11- 15 inches in size
Any bigger and things like reversing get trickier

Also think its better to have a separate tuner DVBT

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ant photos of the tv mate...:ILU:
Will put some photos on at the weekend!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
The aerial I have is an Avtex one and I just plug it into the socket at the front of the units behind the drivers seat then just run it out through the drivers window.
I am looking for an aerial I can use going along and have seen the dynamic aerials from Kenwood/Alpine and the like.
I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy one and see how I get on. Watch this space!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts