VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My '92 2L petrol T4 (short nose), AAC engine, is starting to rust to pieces. I get the feeling the quotes I'm going to get for the chassis work will be well in excess of the price of a replacement van of similar age or quite a bit younger.
I've seen some similar age models in good nick and I'm starting to entertain the idea of changing vans. Assuming the new van has no bodywork issues I'm also thinking about the option of moving my petrol engine over, since I live in Greater London, and deisel is getting progressively hounded out of the city.
Aside from the question of whether I should, which I'll gladly hear your opinions on, I'd just like to know if it's possible. I assume I'd have to bring everything over from my petrol model, but I also assume it's possible. And not prohibitively expensive?
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,519 Posts
Your best option would be to try find one with a blown engine!
I paid 500 quid for a 2000 Caravelle (auto) that hadn't had it's belts changed....it was going to cost 4 grand to fix, so they "sold it for scrap value".
Kept the gearbox as a spare for mine, sold the rest off in parts, and got around £5000 back!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts