VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Another sound issue if anyone can point me in the right direction
T5 Van lowered on coilovers for over a year, had no issues with fronts until maybe now?
Recently put new wheels on, and think they have also given me something else to listen to!
The one that's pulling my hair out is very low speeds to walking pace drivers side sounds like a dry droning sound not constant only
Feels/sounds to me like it's only when the wheels or shocks are moving up/down and have a dry joint or shock absorber?
Have had the wheel of given everything a shake but no joy, read on here about top mount, that is what I was expecting with a rubber joint moving a bit, but that was all tight?
Any pointers would be helpful as I can't keep sitting on m25 with radio bangingH:
Cheers T:

·
Administrator
5,511 Posts
I get a similar noise since I put 17s on with low profile tyres, I put it down to the tracking being out or cheap tyres producing lots of road noise

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get a similar noise since I put 17s on with low profile tyres, I put it down to the tracking being out or cheap tyres producing lots of road noise
The road noise I can put up with, it's bugging me the sound that sometimes happens at low to walking pace speed, seems to be when the wheel passes over a dip or lump in road and you get this short deep sound, like the shock absorber was dry?? :* any ideas anyone
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts