VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I seem to be the Lucky one! with my T5 it now has 65000KM (40389Miles) next service due @80000 KM 49709, I am on Long life service and warranty will end @ 100.000KM. :*
Recently I have noticed a new problem if I accelerate with about 3/4 Throttle (a bit sporty but nothing extreme) I get a strong vibration/shuddering when the DSG shifts gears, this is particularly strong on 2nd>3rd and 3rd>4th, a bit less on the other gears.
I have been to dealers that have felt/diagnosed the problem & told they are investigating, as they say its an "unknown" problem (standard answer)
I have read many posts on DSG problems but I do not seem to find specific answers to the problem/cause

BTW: My warranty History:
-1 Complete Bi.turbo Unit
-1 N75 assembly + valve
-2 sets of upper struts bearings
- 1 Engine ECU sw upgrade
- 2 Air con faults
Any other problems I might have..... :)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
My wifes Golf did this not long after she got it, but ususally 0 > 1st & 1st > 2nd. A software update cured it but it's now doing it again @ 22k. However, it's a lease vehicle & going back this month so she's living with it.

Yours could be a software issue or maybe connected with the issue that led to a recall/oilchange to the DSG boxes in certain countries ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DSG gearbox oil MUST be changed at 40,000 miles apparently!
Hi,
I am on a prepaid FULL dsg pro maintenance plan, I had a service done at 40.000KM With engine oil filter air filter and cabin filter done. I am in Italy so services are done every 40.000km.
Next one due at 80.000KM so I still have about 15000KM till next service.
I am still waiting for a reply from the main dealer.
Will ask for a detailed specification of what is included in my service plan!
I have vcds and no codes are showing up!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's ~25k miles between services, surely that can't be right?

When I was doing (UK) dealer services on the long-life schedule the most I ever got was ~15k miles until the service light came on.
Thats what the dash says ...... The first one came on at 40.000Km and the next one is due at 80.000Km.....
And I am beginning to think that they "forgot" to do the Gearbox oil @40.000Km.
But I do not know if they were supposed to do it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Gear box done at 40000 had mine done at 34000 cost me £150
I do have a three year service plan was free plan when I bought van
Be the service intervals are nuts ,did have free engine oil change and inspection at 34k
But had to pay for dsg oil and filter as it's not in the free service plan :(
Plus thought a new fuel filter and air filter would be good idea ,had to pay for them to as they weren't due for quite a while
Will be using my local service guy to do engine oil and filter next time in 10000 miles. Then back to dealer to get my last free one :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Mr.Ben,
I am on the full monty service plan, PRO DSG PLUS up to 200.000km. Or 5 years with warranty extension. so I should have had dsg oil & filter done at services....actuallly 1 service!
But I actually do not have a precise list of what should be done at each service

Hi Welsh,
Nope did not change any wheels, yes I have 4 motion dsg.

Waiting for dealer to get back to me tomorrow, so will keep you people updated.

PS: warranty extension does not cover enginge or gearbox after 120.000km!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi All,
update., been to dealers, did a test drive with head mechanic,
Shuddering confirmed even after adaptation, probably some bits of clutch have broken off.....
To verify they will have to do oil change and inspect oil for parts of clutch....
He then said that they would have to probably change clutches....
I asked, since it is all dipped in oil, if the clutch parts would have gone around the gearbox.... they then said that the will probably change the whole gearbox! (€6000+++)
Still waiting from VW Customer Service to tell me when my maintenance should have been done..... since to keep a valid warranty I have to do everything right. (but they do not tell me when I have to do things I paid for in the first place!)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got reply from Vw Italy,
Basically they told me its the dealers fault for not telling me that I had to do dsg oil change and haldex oil.....
Not theirs that they do not write it in service book!
Told me that I would have to use Mobility service if I wanted a loan car...
Thanks for the service dealer that has given me a car with no hassle! A:
Really dissapointed with unuseful reply,
At least they have given me complete list of maintenance things I have to do to my van according to vw, I will add the missing things I think are a good idea!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Only reading back through post ,"dsg pro maintenance plan," not in UK !!!!!
Had something along same lines
Turbos
N75s
Ecu change
And at the end it was a software fault ,there is now a update for it !!

How many miles on your T5 now at gear box clutch problems
A few hundred over 40000 miles (64300km )should not make any difference
I hope 40000 miles isn't to long like the long life engine oil :*

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Mr. Ben,
The gearbox problem starded at about 68000km. Initially the vibrations appeared only if I kept my foot down and during shifts i would feel a vibration, now I can feel it at about any rev when the box shifts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, dealer got back to me today
He drained old gearbox oil to discover that about 1.5 kg missing!
To test he put old oil plus missing back and took for a test drive and shuddering is apparantly gone!
My question now is the following:
I should have been told from Vw that I should have done an oil change at 60.000km ( now at 69000)
It is not written on my service booklet or on the service sticker.
I can not check the oil level myself ( it has to be drained to see if its missing)
could I have done some damege/ extra wear running on low oil?
If my gearbox has problems later on who says that that its not the fault of running on low oil......
How do I have to behave with vw not informing me correctly about the maintenance that I have to do to the van?
Let me know your thoughts,
Regards
Megaboz

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.