VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey you!
My flywheel has been making noise for sometime now and ive decided its time for a replacement, i browsed on autodoc to discover they have a bunch of diffrent fly wheels for t5 transporter.
Anyone know how to tell wich is the correct one without removing the old one first?
I have a 2012 T5.1 transporter 2.0tdi 7spd automatic dsg

·
Registered
214 Posts
When i was researching mine, i just poped in at the local VW dealer service department with my VIN number and walked out with a quote and a printout of the relevent parts catalogue page - worth a try and go from there 👍
BTW, my PR code is G1C and the applicable part number is 03L 105 266 DQ (as of 25/01/2018)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, i went to the dealer yesterday but the guy behind the desk was not very helpful as he did only want to reveal the price and not what part i needed(they wanted over 12000sek which is more than 1000£ just for the flywheelo_O).
Found a company called darkside develoments they were able to find the correct part via my vin number. I Will probly order from them as their price was similar to autodoc, they had an oem part to choose from(luk,sachs,oem) and they were helpful.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There's always a "jobs-worth“
Wow, that's some markup, almost double the UK dealer price, not that you'll pay that anyway.
Out of interest, what part number where you quoted?
DSC_2336.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wouldn't have thought so as the driveshafts are dry splines... I'm sure you'll get a definitive answer from the more knowledgeable on here

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts