VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Any one know how much oil goes into a 2013 transporter dsg 7 speed gear bock ??
thanks in advance

·
Registered
177 Posts
Circa 6-7 litres. It's not exact unless you can drain the mechatronic fully. Do you have a filler kit and VCDS? It's a simple procedure if you do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Circa 6-7 litres. It's not exact unless you can drain the mechatronic fully. Do you have a filler kit and VCDS? It's a simple procedure if you do.
Hi thanks
Yeah I do and I put in almost 7 litres and it seams fine but has started dripping a lot

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have you followed the procedure for filling, trans temps, gear cycles and using the drain to reach correct levels? You really need VCDS to get the right trans temp.

Where is it dripping from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard to see exactly where it’s dripping from but up the side of engine left hand side

·
Registered
177 Posts
Two thoughts come to mind. You've over filled it and excess pressure is causing a leak. Alternately the oil filter o ring is leaking. If you've used a Febi filter the o rings they supply are known to leak. Mine did and I've read from others the same.

Given the complexity of the DQ500 I'd be tempted to get the level set correctly by someone with VCDS and also run basic adaption to reset the kiss points. This will make for the smoothest changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts