VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
61 Crafter with 95k on it.

Last year the mechanic said he felt the clutch was a bit heavy and the DMF probably needed doing. Didnt do it and it has run fine this year for about 5000 miles. Just having it service before summer expeditions and considering getting this done now. My question is -
1. Does it need doing? Drives fine, tiny bit of judder sometimes when driving/changing gear but the vans heavy and its hilly round these parts!
2. quoted £950 inc fitting and vat - seem reasonable?

I'd appreciate any views, i dont want to waste £1k, should i wait unitil there are some warning signs? Bit on the other hand i dont want to F*ck the van up by it just letting go one day?

Cheers

andy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres' a bit of clatter when it starts which i assumed was just normal for a diesel. I'll check whether it goes when i press the clutch in. What do you think of the price I have been given?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quick update. Ran the van up to the garage and the bloke couldn't have been more helpful. He checked it out and said he didn't think it needed doing. So big shout out to Moorfield German Motors in Leeds. That fella really knows his stuff about VW Vans. Anyways due to saving all that cash I have booked it in for an engine remap instead.:D

(interestingly he also said he is getting tons of work replacing the T5 twin turbo engines that are prone to blowing up, at £9k a pop!!:eek:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts