VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I popped in to mr vw for a 3 year service and mentioned my clutch was a little juddery of late.3 yrs and 2 months to be precise so just out of warranty.70k full vw s.h.

Dealer proposed on first checking the injectors & camshaft as it had the appearance of a slight misfire.

I agreed with this but asked that I be kept up to date with any further investigations/action taken."Certainly sir"

So vehicle put in service mode and turns out they noticed a wear fault on the camshaft so needed a new one plus cam followers and associated bearing seats.They openly said it was probably not going to be the cause of my problem.

Anyway once the new one was fitted along with associated parts it was still the same and they last told me they were then investigating the fuelling system in more detail.(Last friday)

Got an email today to say they had removed the gearbox found the dmf faulty and causing inbalance.They had replaced the clutch and flywheel.

Apparently its all back together tested and working fine again so I am glad of that but a bit miffed about not being informed in advance on the gearbox removal & what will be an additional & expensive dmf/clutch repair,the full details/cost of which I will find out tommorow.:eek:
Think I will strap a chair to my ass before I walk into the dealers just to make sure i'm sitting down.:(
Hoping for some good will what with it being xmas and all *<:)>

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Re: Duel mass tale of woe!!

If you didn't agree to the work to be done, then surely the garage will be unable to charge you. Hope they get it through on warranty!

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is going to be awkward for them, you didn't authorise any additional repairs with they have done, and my guess is it will be very expensive unless they decided to do it under warranty???? Either way stand your ground with them and hopefully achieve a resolution your both happy with. Good luck *<:)>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just picked it up,VW covered 50% on negotiated good will *<:)>.I really can't grumble at that,it would have needed a new clutch soon anyway.
What i ended up paying would not have covered the unit cost of all the parts from tps and I did not have to get my hands dirty.
Peace on earth and good will.........I'll save my kidney sale for next time.LOL:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts