VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a fantastic week in Mull (apart from being red light camera flashed on the way back in Glasgow-oops!) and saw stacks of T4s and 5s. Any of them any of you lot? Stayed at Fidden Farm opposite Iona most of the time. Just stunning! Our California was brilliant, the kids loved it and doing 612 miles in a day back home on Saturday was just about survivable! Rewarded with two cracking surfs near ho,me yesterday!

·
Registered
371 Posts
We stayed on Fidden Farm in May last year, utterly awesome site. However, we had to decamp the following night as a storm had swept in. We were OK in the van but our friends were in a tent that was blown flat. We went to Tobermory for the second night (we could not have left the island anyway as all ferry crossings were closed) and stayed in a B&B.

Awesome island, I want to go back and get to Staffa this time.

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had two slightly dodgy nights - on one it blew a storm force wind from about midnight. The kids were upstairs, we had our Pucer cover on and really didn't know what to do as it was sounding borderline dangerous. Eventually took the cover off (it was so windy, we were worried it would catch the cover and blow us over or worse!) and put the roof down. As the tension went out of the bellows, the wind REALLY caught the roof and it went down almost sideways. Then didn't shut properly! Convinced I'd broken the (electric) roof I put it up then back down again - all fine. Four of us (kids are 18 months and nearly four) and the dog (our "pup tent" was being blown almost flat!) slept downstairs. "Cosy" would be an understatement!

Then we had a lovely dry day and left the roof cover off at bed time. Sure enough the wind picked up, the rain started and our poor baby, despite sleeping right through the night, was soaked in the morning! Spent the next day drying it all out. But despite the challenges, we had a fantastic time and learned a few more lessons!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts