VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In search of a camper for our family of fours extended vacation in the UK this summer I have found what I believe is our right choise of transportation.

Trouble is the ad is three months old and I am prohibited to make contact with the seller.

Have screendump of ad with license number.

Could someone within the forum please help establish contact?

DVLA could only help in case of "hit and run" and so forth......:* that was not my case and I was let down. Beeing a Norwegian did not help either I think....:(

Please PM me if your in a position to get info. I will of course act in a manner that secure that my intentions are nothing but true.

Regards and hope to see you all this summer !

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think it's highly unlikely anyone can do this for you. The DVLA will only release details if you have good reason to request them, as you've found out.

As with many things on the net, I could be wrong, but because of various data protection laws it's not that easy.

I'd be interested if anyone else has a different view.

If you want a UK camper for a long period, why not think about going to a dealer and asking about a buy back scheme? I know when I went to look at Wesfalia campers at campervans4u they did this. I'm not connected to them or recommending them.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice.....thx mate.

This partiicular one got my interrest as a keeper and one to import home. But if it all goes to sand a very valid option it isT:

We could bring our 92 westie but it is a rather long haul. Bought tickets for Bus Festival and Bus Fest allready and missus and our two kids fly in for the latter since the children is allready starting school some weeks before.....me on the other hand has time on my own and look forward to prawl on my own for some weeks before.

Much obliged for any tips. Thx!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts