VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
i was going to do a carpet i got . after looking into the carpet and what its made of i came to a blank . problem is this carpet is self coloured (its actually plasic strands already coloured ) dye's cant penetrate it like wool so the dye wont stick to well , if at all . there are dye's on ebay that claim to be able to do it , this i doubt . autoglym also make one , looks more llike spray paint to me than dye . swapped my carpet in the end , would have been a shame to reck it when my mate could use it the colour it was .

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was going to do a carpet i got . after looking into the carpet and what its made of i came to a blank . problem is this carpet is self coloured (its actually plasic strands already coloured ) dye's cant penetrate it like wool so the dye wont stick to well , if at all . there are dye's on ebay that claim to be able to do it , this i doubt . autoglym also make one , looks more llike spray paint to me than dye . swapped my carpet in the end , would have been a shame to reck it when my mate could use it the colour it was .
Hi there fella got my carpet today and just to let you know it`s a wool one as you can see from the picture its taking the dye really well...`m going to let if dry for 24hrs before doing another coat/covering. T:

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
i painted mine with whatever i could find LOL: most of it was a spare tin of stoneguard, the rest is just satin black. I did a test patch then took it out to spray it. Its gone a bit hard and im not sure how it'll cope having feet on it all the time but ive got mats in the front so really its just so the bits you can seel look better

10,824 Posts
Hi there fella got my carpet today and just to let you know it`s a wool one as you can see from the picture its taking the dye really well...`m going to let if dry for 24hrs before doing another coat/covering. T:

That carpet would of been perfect in that colour for me, been trying to get one for ages like it :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts