have you tried this stuff mate
link
i've got it on my s4 coz the exhaust is booming i think it works
pretty well
T:T:T:T:

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
Have done mine in dynamat extreme from the window line down, as with all my installs. With you on the tape stuff, just dont undestand why!

Your local Sextons will do it for £15 a roll unboxed and give a discount if you buy a few or can get it trade, my trick. A:

What audio are you planning? I am running old school ZX Phoenix of a high voltage source with Rainbow comps up front so far, will get the rear fill and subs in soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've just completed my full cabin in this plus the eDead tek light in appropriate places. Road and tyre noise is now no more!

I'm looking for a mint dash to buy and then once I've go this I'll do the engine fire wall too. Perhaps not as good as Dynamat (have used this on some panels) but good value and effective for the likes of my needs. :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have done mine in dynamat extreme from the window line down, as with all my installs. With you on the tape stuff, just dont undestand why!

Your local Sextons will do it for £15 a roll unboxed and give a discount if you buy a few or can get it trade, my trick. A:

What audio are you planning? I am running old school ZX Phoenix of a high voltage source with Rainbow comps up front so far, will get the rear fill and subs in soon.
never heard of sextons before il loook em up on the net im running 4 x 15" vibe space plus plenty of components 14,400w bass peak :D

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
Vibe? not heard of them but sounds cool. 14'400w!!!!!!!!!! is that rms?? good god how many batteries and power caps have you got to run that? how in gods name are you charging them? Thats a **** load of control. What signal to noise ratio are these vibe speakers?

I am running just half of a 4x75rms amp at the mo and my misses complains it hurts I:

I have some pics from the mid nineties sound offs where one chap had 18 x 18'' subs in the back off the van and a further 4 x 10''subs in each door, I think around 10'000watts rms due to the speaker loading but had plenty of batteries and caps linked with bars etc and would flatten them in no time.

I must scan these old pics and pop them up some time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
18000w rms!!!

F^<k mine that's a lot of sound M:

You'd need to dip the chassis in 6 inch concrete to form any sort of dampning for that amount of sound!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts