VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im just looking for a bit of advice on how much a E reg transporter syncro would be worth its been parked up for about 6 years with head gasket problems i asked the bloke how much would he take for it but he wants me to make him a offer its a 1.6 turbo i think the body work is pretty sound and the under side any advice would be great :confused:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well I guess you're talking about a T25 at that age. My Father-in-law bought one a couple of years ago for £3200 its got about 80Kmiles 2.1L engine Caravelle bit of a minter on the Body work side of things. He reckons he could sell it now for around 5K ish.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate yr its a T25 model iv just done the deal and got it for £150 what do you think im a bit worried about how much work might be involved ie. brakes , head gasket , gear box

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yr true but id like to convert it to a camper for me and the misses and kid do you know what they are like for parts to get hold of them ,and how hard are they to work on cause im no mechinic lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
club 80-90 forum have a syncro section and there is also syncronauts

If its knackered you'll easy get your money back in bits! Diesel engine cheaper to work on than petrol boxer engines!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
A syncro T25 with a blown engine is worth about £1000 at least! Even in bits that is! We stripped a £150 scrap van and made over £1500! But dont do that if the body is sound, get her back on the road!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill defo be putting her back on the road mate just had a look and the cills need a bit of work had a quick look underneath and looks pretty solid but its been stood for about 6 to 7 years so i expect the brakes will need some work what will be the worse case if the syncro is knackered would it be worth fixing

·
Registered
295 Posts
£150:eek:

Why do things like that never happen to me! :confused:

Mate you've got yourself a bargin. A:

Do it up and enjoy it. There is loads of information on them on the Interweb. I had a T25 and I loved it. It was so much fun!

Good luck, Let us know how it goes! T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts