VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am also struggling, with the drivers side power window regulator.
Just now there are several ebay items for the passenger side, none for the offside..grrrr.
I fancy that it looks straightforward to rebuild the cables etc from a manual winder with the parts from my perfectly okay motor?
Mine was a 2003 T4b, and if you have any info on the part numbers , power and manual, and the date of the change I'd be most grateful.
David.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Is this going to be a straight forward bolt on job? I'm expecting the wiring to be different but do the bits just bolt in from early to late? Any help appreciated guys
I fitted an early caravelle electric window kit into mine (2003). If you treat it as a seperate entity and give it a fused and relay'ed supply, its not too bad. That and wiring to existing door switch and ignition feed.

You can get a wiring diagram on line for an early velle that shows the electric window wiring. Just make sure you get ALL the bits you need when buying the set. There is a seperate control module that tucks up under the dash/glove box.

Good luck. :ILU:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Just a quick note for you...

Might pay to check the control unit, it has several big relays in it and I had to re-solder them to get everything working.
They look prone to "dry solder joints" as the connections are quite large and moving all the time. Wouldn't hurt to check before tucking it up behind everything under the dash.I:

:ILU:

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick note for you...

Might pay to check the control unit, it has several big relays in it and I had to re-solder them to get everything working.
They look prone to "dry solder joints" as the connections are quite large and moving all the time. Wouldn't hurt to check before tucking it up behind everything under the dash.I:

:ILU:
Ok cheers I was going to connect it up to the battery to test it before I fitted it anyway, would a multi tester set up for continuity pick up that fault?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts