VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anyone put a name to the early fabric used in 1990 - 1995 T4s? Or better still, direct me to a supplier of the material, if they exist? Not Aztec or Inca... the one with dots and dashes. TIA

·
Registered
145 Posts
Two cloth seat upholstery fabrics shown in the original 1991 catalog

1 Light Grey code DF this is the one with the red in it.

2 Sahara code DL This one has green/blue in it

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Hi all, can anyone put a name to the early fabric used in 1990 - 1995 T4s? Or better still, direct me to a supplier of the material, if they exist? Not Aztec or Inca... the one with dots and dashes. TIA
Image would really help. One of the 1991 - 1994 patterns was called Como T:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Only taken me 21 months to come back to this post! ?

Thanks all for your replies. Still haven't found it! You blink and your life flashes by!

This is the material I'm after, I wanted to trim my Rock n Roll bed in it and need some for the drivers seat to repair. This pic is from a scrap seat on eBay and I might buy it for the fabric alone as it doesn't seem to be available.

In other news, since my initial post here, I have rebuilt and replaced much of my van and made her roadworthy again. I will post the rebuild pics when I get a chance.

Thanks again! (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The code for the fabric is UA,WE - Beaver(Biber)/Light Grey. It identifies it on the ID sticker by the fuses. I believe 'Beaver' in German is 'Biber', which also, confusingly, but in no way more than the English language, means 'Flannelette'.

So, translation apart, it means, simply, Light Grey Flannelette.

However; I have still yet to find any for sale and it's more than likely discontinued.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found some near perfect on fb mkt when I contacted the guy he’d binned it as ad had been there 6 weeks with no interest.... and it was free... 😧

1 - 11 of 11 Posts