VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

East Devon Meet 12/04/2015

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  BlueT5Man 
#1 ·
I have decided to hold the April Meet at Haldon Forest Center just south of Exeter. I'm sure that nearly all of you will be familiar with the Center but for those of you who are not you will be in for a real treat.
There is an on site cafe (be warned this can get a bit swamped when the center is busy)
Segway guided tours of the forest
Go ape treetop adventure center
Mountain bike rental
A huge amount of forest walks with loads of stuff for the kids to do on the way round
Graded mountain bike trails
x2 mountain bike skills areas.
and a children's play area

Due to the popularity of Haldon I have decided to start this meet a bit earlier than normal at 10.am in order to try and enable us to park together. I will be setting up a gas stove and kettle under the awning and bringing stuff for tea and coffee for all of us (the cafes coffee isn't the best). I will also keep a hot frying pan on the go so if you want to bring a few rashers of bacon your welcome to cook it up. At 12 ish I will be heading out into the forrest on the mountain bike so anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome T:

For those that need it here is the map to the center

The car park is pay and display so loose change is an essential

Once again it really doesn't matter if the weather is torrential for this one as we can just head in the cafe for breakfast / brunch (what the cafe lacks in coffee it certainly makes up for with its cakes)

Once again it would be brill to know who is planning on attending this meet so pop up a post if your planning on attending. You never know I might even buy some doughnuts for everyone T:

See less See more
#8 ·
Just popping a bit more info up about this weekends meet at Haldon T:

We are going to gather in the overflow section of the Haldon Forrest Center carpark. This is accessed by taking your first right once you enter the carpark then heading straight on until you reach it.

Here is a pic of the area so you know where your looking for.

The overflow section is normally the last to fill up but be warned we took that photo at 10am this sunday and by 11 the carpark was 100% FULL :eek:

Here is a pic of the charges

The overflow carpark is situated by a lovely grass area outside the forestry buildings that gets the sun from first thing so it worth bringing a chair if its a sunny day especially if you want to start browning up for summer A:A:

There is loads to do up at Haldon including.....

Guided Segway rides around the forrest

A Go Ape Treetop Adeventure Center

Waymarked forrest walks for the whole family

Childrens Play areas for all ages

Mountain bike trails for all abilities

We will be there form about 9.45 with the grill on and a kettle on the boil so if you want to bring any bacon or eggs etc your welcome to throw it on our grill, or you could set up your own if you like. (there is a café but it WILL be busy).

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Jon for doing the cake last time T: If anyone fancies doing this weekend that would be AMAZING!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Any questions fire away and Ill try to reply asap T:T:T:

#18 ·
Cheers Mick T:
I have to second your point about encouraging any newcomersT: We have a great group of van owners in our area, the chilled atmosphere is 100% thanks to them and thankfully we live in a great area with loads to see and do.
If you are thinking about popping along to a meet then do it. Brilliant that we had a few newcomers this month hopefully next month will be our biggest of the year for John's first meet as RC. T:T:T:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.