VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I want to upgrade the door speakers and fit some in the dash as there isnt any tweeters.

What speakers will easily fit? I dont want to drill/cut/build anything, just a direct replacement would be good.

Im looking at Alpine Type-R SPR-17S. Will this fit straight in?

Also how do you attach the tweeters in the dash?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive just fit Focul K2s in, nice and easy. just need the speaker spacer to allow the extra depth.
I used double sided sticky foam to stick my tweeters down, then put the grills back over them, they aint going anywhere!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I Bought Some Vibe component Speakers, fit straight into doors and also fit perfectly in the tweeter spaces in the dash board, easy job really sounds amazing with 6x9 speakers in the rear with sub and all amped up. T:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size Vibe components speakers you running mate?

Im after a 4-channel amp to run the fronts, then can be used when I build a speaker cabinet for the rear.

You got your amp under the passenger seat? Will an amp fit any single passenger seat?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got my spacers from audio direct, they're the same as one for the golf, think it's mk4 but might be wrong tho, it ll be on here somewhere.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the Alpines fit with the Golf Mk4 Speaker Spacers then will this amp be a nice partner?

Alpine PMX-F640

Not sure about the diff between this one and Alpine MRP-F300

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently the difference in the two amps is the PMX is the new range.

Ive ordered the 17S and the PMX amp, woo hoo

What ampage wiring kit will I need?

And how much dynamat will I need to do both doors?

Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
I put focal speakers In my van , sounds the mutz nutz
You will need speaker rings , mk4 golf fit this is because the original speakers are shallow , you will have to drill
The old ones out as they are rivited in , make sure you remove all swarf or you'll get rust
I used 2 sheets of dynomat , crossovers behind glove box & tweeters in dash , amps under twin passenger seat &
& sub under seatbed in rear , deadend all rear panels & roof with flashband & insulated
Sounds fantastic ...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi

Ive ordered the kit, with 8AVG amp wiring kit, and 2 x the Dynamat 12" x 32".

Cant wait to install it all next weekend !!!

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts