this guy doesnt own this t4 !!

reason i know this, its mine

a very old trick, to make buyer bring cash then rob them

i have flagged it on e/bay but please be aware

R:cool:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
so what to do is.... go along with a load of mates, let the seller try to take the money off you, and then "detain" him and take him down to the local police station (after he's resisted arrest obviously) T:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_10020539

So if it's yours you can do an MOT check online if you have the relevant info infront of you, MOT cert, V5 etc.
Cut and paste this info on here and i'll be a little more convinced.
Right now I'm more inclined to believe the vehicle is legit.

No offense but why would someone warn people on here that their van was being sold by someone else on Ebay? :*

It doesn't even make business sense!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Im in for going to buy it with a few others!!?.

Thats bang out of order!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Noo noo are you serious!!!!!!

He is telling you the other advert is a scam and you will get tuned in and have all your cash stolen if you try and buy it off the other guy. :eek:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No offense but why would someone warn people on here that their van was being sold by someone else on Ebay? :*

It doesn't even make business sense!

im sorry if this is hard to follow..........

my van isnt for sale......
seller doesnt know me and hasnt got my van.....................ITS A SCAM

i wont post anymore on this as it isnt how I wanted to start forum membership

R

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just removed by ebay............... T:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Noo noo are you serious!!!!!!

He is telling you the other advert is a scam and you will get tuned in and have all your cash stolen if you try and buy it off the other guy. :eek:
yes so why is he telling everyone not to buy it if Ianpik thinks the ad is genuine? Read my post again. It's his van someone else is obviously advertising it to get some cash. Very naughty.

He's warning others to stay away to his credit and yet Ianpik thinks the ad is genuine and it's some crazy conspiracy. If it was why would you warn people to stay away?

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
yes so why is he telling everyone not to buy it if Ianpik thinks the ad is genuine? Read my post again. It's his van someone else is obviously advertising it to get some cash. Very naughty.

He's warning others to stay away to his credit and yet Ianpik thinks the ad is genuine and it's some crazy conspiracy. If it was why would you warn people to stay away?
Agreed.

More the point, welcome to the Forum Rick and that looks like a tidy van well done T:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dont think it was a conspiricy. I was giving the OP the opportunity to give us some proof that it really was a scam.

At that point it could have gone either way!!!

The ad looked genuine to me and no doubt everyone else.

This sort of scam needs to be reported to the police, locations and phone numbers were on the e-bay ad.

An attempt to sell a vehicle that belongs to someone else with nefarious intent is fraud. Perhaps it would have been better if e-bay had let the ad run and a couple of cops turned up as the buyers.

Not abolutely sure e-bay care that much tho!

T4 Rick....... welcome to the forum it is a great place to learn stuff and an invaulable aid to anyone with a T4, no offence was intended in any way whatsoever.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Obviously something was dodgy otherwise he wouldnt have warned people about it. you got a nice van there pal. Police should hav been contacted, gone along with it by bidding, win the auction then make contact with whoever was trying to falsely sell it. then when go to pay the cash the undercover copper with his back up if required make the arrest and deal with it.
as much as we would like to give the bloke a good seeing to,best leave it to the cops.
now ebay took listing down and whoever will go scam someone else...probably.
welcome anyway pal:ILU:

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I think my T4 will see me out and I'm not in the market for another, so I for one will say thank you for letting us know.A:

Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
289 Posts
just removed by ebay............... T:
Would it be possible to PM me with a photo of your van or the reg no. Its been taken of ebay now which is fantastic news for you, but as I am on the look out for a van and on trawling ebay everyday, i want to avoid the possibility that it may be re-listed and i fall for it!

I knew there were a lot of scams about false foreign buyers and shipping etc, but never even crossed my mind about viewing a van and being robbed :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts