VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Anyone out there had any experience of buying a new exhaust on ebay ? Couple of suppliers on there offering 30 month's gaurantee And they say that they are built using twin sheet steel on there silencers .they come from europe not sure where .anyone been brave enough ?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Had one on mine for 15 months fit was spot on and it is a weighty system , the mounting kit contains everything you need to fit even if you had no exhaust fitted in the first place

I will await the comments from the knockers who say it comes from eBay so must be pants !! ?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
which bits did you replace?
were they easy to fit, thinking about the joints?
a bit dubious re access around the manifold end & what the cats are like 'cos they are very cheap where included

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I fitted a full system up to the manifold no cat on mine as its an early 2.4 but joints all spot on no issues at all

·
Registered
211 Posts
Had my full system off ebay about 100 bucks and included manifold gasket, all clamps and mounting brackets/rubbers. Only been on about a month, but looks as good as any other std exhaust I've ever seen. T:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think my CAT has a hole, (amongst others in other bits of the exhaust) so thinking of going for a full system, has anyone used the ebay full exhausts with cat? What could be the downside of a cheap cat? Is it worth buying a new vw cat and the rest of the exhaust from ebay? I am correct in assuming that you do infact need a cat now to pass the MOT?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts