VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone bought anything from the vw parts seller on eBay located in Poland?
pics all have a red background.
seems to have a fair amount of stuff.

·
Special Rapporteur
10,052 Posts
Yeah, but ~all~ of their listings violate Ebay rules, because they list them all as being located in Hounslow when they are not.

So they appear to be a UK supplier in search results - which gives them an unfair advantage over other non-UK suppliers who stick to the rules.

Their prices are also ridiculous for some items - higher secondhand than UK new retail prices in some cases (some dash switches, for example).

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
So they appear to be a UK supplier in search results - which gives them an unfair advantage over other non-UK suppliers who stick to the rules.
Use advanced search & select "items located in UK" & they should not come up. However, if it bothers enough people & they complain to ebay then action will be taken - as someone who sells more on ebay I can say that they are biased against the sellers.

I just feel uneasy to use them - surely, there cannot be that many T5's in Poland being broken up legitimately - just my thoughts.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yeah, but ~all~ of their listings violate Ebay rules, because they list them all as being located in Hounslow when they are not.

Their prices are also ridiculous for some items - higher secondhand than UK new retail prices in some cases (some dash switches, for example).
Although they say items located in Hounslow.....there is a further note saying goods are in Poland. No problem with a seat base. It was cheaper to have it couriered from Poland than from UK seller. Paid on Wednesday....delivered on Tuesday. Tracked it across Europe using Fed Ex.

·
Special Rapporteur
10,052 Posts
Although they say items located in Hounslow.....there is a further note saying goods are in Poland.
I know that. But the reason they list the item location as Hounslow, United Kingdom, is so they can gain a dishonest advantage over other sellers.

They do it purely to manipulate their position in Ebay search results, because they know it will make their listings appear before every other non-UK seller.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Use advanced search & select "items located in UK" & they should not come up. However, if it bothers enough people & they complain to ebay then action will be taken - as someone who sells more on ebay I can say that they are biased against the sellers.

I just feel uneasy to use them - surely, there cannot be that many T5's in Poland being broken up legitimately - just my thoughts.
T:surely, there cannot be that many T5's in Poland being broken up legitimately T:

·
Registered
958 Posts
T:surely, there cannot be that many T5's in Poland being broken up legitimately T:
I understood from those in the `T5 trade` they buy in write offs from all over Europe. The T5 parts set up is just a small part of his parts empire....
I don't know the owner nor have any connection with him....just reporting how the deal went for me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts