·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, 07:54
andypandy1930
Van Rookie

Eber problem
Hi guys I've got a t4 exclusive and all of a sudden the eber has stopped working you turn it on and fan comes on but it doesn't fire it just blows cold then when you switch it off on button it doesn't go off it just keeps blowing until you remove fuse any ideas ! Also off hand would anyone know what model it is. Thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts
After I installed mine it just blew cold air. It turned out to be a dirty glow plug screen.How long does it run on for after you turn it off as they do run for a period after you turn them off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Andy
Please let me know if you resolve this problem and how you cured it as I am having exactly the same thing happening to mine. As you stated, got enough voltage but nothing but cold air. Only had it fitted new in April 2014 so, well p***** off with it.
I am beginning to wonder if it would benefit from a relay like the headlights do on a T4 to boost the voltage as it may loose some voltage when starting up! just a thought
Cheers M8
Alan

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had the same issue last week where the eber fan was kicking in but not heating up. The fuse for mine was under the seat next to leisure battery and I pulled it out to check, it seemed ok so put it back in and now it is toasty again:D

I am gonna check it again a few times over the next few days to make sure.

Just to say the van had been stood for a few weeks but solar panel keeps the batteries ticking over. I thought it maybe low power but we had driven a few hundred miles just before it stopped and I also tried it with the engine running so ruled that out.

Maybe the van being unused over the cold spell caused it to throw a wobbler:D

Xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts