VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've got a 99 Velle with a Eberspacher d3w water heater under the front wing, which as far as i know is to heat the coolant water upto temp quicker. My question is that can I use the unit on its own to heat the coolant and run my Velle heater fans in the back to heat the van on colder days?

I know that prob wont be very efficient but has the D3W unit got cpapcity to heat the water upto temp even if the engine is off?

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi
I,ve also got a Velle with the same heater - it is possible to use it as a heater for the van - you'll need a conversion kit which is available from your local(or nearest) Eber dealer - check out the Eberspacher uk website for a list of dealers
Not sure how powerful it'll be but really just need to take the chill out on cold evenings
Its a bit difficult to get information - I contacted Eber Germany and got a bit of help - there doesnt seem to be any instructions available in English to install the kit
Its not cheap I believe its around the £300 mark, but I do want to do this as I want to make my van independent and dont have 240v - its a job for next year for me as I've spent enough on the van this year
pm me with your e mail address and I'll send you a file with some Eber info if its a help
all the best with it
By the way, mine comes on when the outside temp falls below 5deg just after startup and does help to warm up the engine quicker in winter
1 - 3 of 3 Posts