VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I saw that there is an Eberspacher Hydronic D3WZ upgrade kit to start the engine pre-heater even with the engine not running.

did anybody try to install it?

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ive looked at it as I have the Hydronic fitted to my T4.Not sure if the kit will operate the fan to get the warm air around the van so saving a few pennies to get an Airtronic kit

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive looked at it as I have the Hydronic fitted to my T4.Not sure if the kit will operate the fan to get the warm air around the van so saving a few pennies to get an Airtronic kit
I agree with you, but I have an additional heater for the rest of the van, the D3WZ is only for engine preheating.

@Turlagh: thanks for the feedback. Was it difficult to install?

Technical note: I wrote to the seller on ebay, and he told me that it is only compatible with the Hydronic D3WZ model 25 2121 05, while mine is Hydronic D3WZ model 251864

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Technical note: I wrote to the seller on ebay, and he told me that it is only compatible with the Hydronic D3WZ model 25 2121 05, while mine is Hydronic D3WZ model 251864
The girl wrote me back telling me that after contacting Eberspacher for asking about the kit compatibility they said it is also compatible with Hydronic D3WZ model 251864 for those interested

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Was already installed when i bought the MV bud but looks straight forward and plug n play on the looms.

:ILU:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts