VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new Eberspacher fitted just over a year ago, has the 701 controller.
Currently its not working at all, the controller wont do anything or light up when buttons are pressed, dimly I can see 0008 in the middle of the control screen, removing both fuses to the Eber doesnt change this at all, the 0008 is still there presume from the battery backup in it? replacing fuses to Eber doesnt change anything. Obviously I cant press the buttons to get an error code, no response.

Anyone have any ideas whats up? is the controller goosed?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a new Eberspacher fitted just over a year ago, has the 701 controller.
Currently its not working at all, the controller wont do anything or light up when buttons are pressed, dimly I can see 0008 in the middle of the control screen, removing both fuses to the Eber doesnt change this at all, the 0008 is still there presume from the battery backup in it? replacing fuses to Eber doesnt change anything. Obviously I cant press the buttons to get an error code, no response.

Anyone have any ideas whats up? is the controller goosed?
Have you checked the voltage at various points? Sorry if this sounds obvious.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had this code two days after having mine installed, got same controller as you. Installer phoned the Eberspacher technician who said that the code is a generic one that the controller is not talking to the heater. In the end the fault on mine was the controller was wired wrong as not getting a temp reading from the inside of van so not getting to its set point,so not working :* hope this helpsI:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both. Still fighting with this, fuses intact and metered out just in case , power checked at the heater, all connections checked. Still got the 0008 error on the 701 controller and nothing working :(

Anyone else ? Wish I could swap out the controller easily enough but don't know anyone local with one.

Thanks

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts