VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased a D2 heater for my 2003 swb T4 which I want to for under the drivers seat so it's out of the way but protected from flood water that would be an issue during the winter if it was mounted beneath the vehicle.

Any figment advice/photos would be really appreciated:
- how much space is there between the floor ad fuel tank - I presume I need to remove the tank to fit the heater and plumb in the exhaust/inlet etc?
- where do people route the exhaust to: all the way to the back of the van or to the side by going under the sill?
- where do people route the inlet pipe?
- what sort of ducting do people use for the hot air out from under the seat, and are there preferences as to which way to route it - Ito the drivers footwell, backwards into the van, etc?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm new to transporters and just trying to plan the whole job out before I start so I make the best of it. Any advice would be gratefully received....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Depending on your units, why not fit it to the crossmember (runs behind the seats) in the dead space between the drivers seat base and the side of the van.
Have a look and you'll see the flat section there. Access to do up the nuts etc is from under the van.

That's where I fitted mine and I get to keep the useable space under the seat for storage.

Unit in position:

Access from under the van:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brumski, that's a nice idea: I'll have a look at it as an option, especially if it means I can avoid dropping the tank!

Anyone else got any helpful hits.....???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts