VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive put my leisure battery under the drivers seat so am planning to sling a D2 beneath the van. I'm not sure I can face re-gigging the battery, so where's the best place to bring the heat outlet into the van? I was thinking of bringing it up further back by the wheel arch, any thoughts?
I could always insulate the pipe to reduce any heat loss.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
You could put the eber under the passenger seat.....
I have the leisure battery under the passenger seat & D2 under the drivers - but they could go the other way round.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the leisure battery, electrics and eber outlet under the drivers seat with space to spare.

The eber inlet is in the drivers footwell.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Me too! I used the VW eberspacher mounting bracket which is cheaper and far superior to the folded SS one and inlet in the step!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Mine is under the rock and roll bed just to the left of the off side wheel arch WHere the yellow thing is, is now where my heater reside and a have a board to cover that space with an outlet vent. ill see if i can find anymore pics

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
Our Eber is under the van. Fresh air inlet in the drivers door step and the outlet is in a little box just rear of the drivers seat.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Ive put my leisure battery under the drivers seat so am planning to sling a D2 beneath the van. I'm not sure I can face re-gigging the battery, so where's the best place to bring the heat outlet into the van? I was thinking of bringing it up further back by the wheel arch, any thoughts?
I could always insulate the pipe to reduce any heat loss.

Mine is under the van under drivers seat area and the outlet is:- see photo

www.vwt4forum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=19882&pictureid=138356

·
Registered
757 Posts
Mine is under the van too. I have used the VW brackets and have the inlet in the footwell. But as i don't have any fixed units and a battery under the drivers seat i wanted the outlet in the B-pillar like VW do, so i have fitted the VW duct work.

All works well for me.

AB.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine is under the van too. I have used the VW brackets and have the inlet in the footwell. But as i don't have any fixed units and a battery under the drivers seat i wanted the outlet in the B-pillar like VW do, so i have fitted the VW duct work.

All works well for me.

AB.
Sounds good, do you have any pictures of this?

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
You can mount the heater internally east/west behind the drivers seat base with the warm outlet facing towards the sliding door and a 45 deg eyeball outlet. A plinth/boxing finishes it off. I fitted Jay at extreme van's in this position.
Gives you another option to consider.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts