VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi about to fit my eberspacher under the floor of my SWB Shuttel and can't decide where to mount the 7day timer. Where has any one else mounted there's .

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Mines just behind the sliding door , so I can turn it on whilst in bed !!!
This ^. Nice to be able to switch it off or turn it down in the night and then be able to turn it up before getting up on frosty mornings. T:

Ours is actually on the other side on a cupboard unit bulkhead.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a timer unit with mine & had it fitted on the drivers 'B' pillar, about a foot below the seat belt mounting. Good for reaching through to from the rear, but a pain in the bum as I keep turning it on with an inadvertent elbow..!!

If I was doing the same again, I'd just have an on/off switch and a temperature control thermostat. Simple is best :D

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Ok why have timer, just turn on when needed. :*

Asking cos i'm having one fitted. T:
Seems like a no-brainer if your van is a daily vehicle rather than just a weekend camper. Nice warm defrosted van on those frosty mornings. T:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Had a 7 day timer on the t4 eber.

The truth is I never used it. Mostly as I didn't have an "in the van at 8" sort of routine. Simple on / off thermostat control on the Webasto in the t5.

If we are going out early in the van in winter, there will be something to load, even if it's just a coat or something, so out to the van, unlock, chuck coat in and turn on heater is no big deal.

Similarly, if we are away from the van in winter, we just leave the heater on very low if we need heat to return to, but within 5 mins from cold it would be toasty anyway.

If the money is burning a hole, by all means, but it's a costly luxury.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts