VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've bought an Ecoflow fuel thingy for a bargain as it was recommended to me by my sports bike tuner (who really knows his bike engines). The debate as to whether these are worth it are probably for a thread in thier own right and I'll Naturally feed back any economy gains/performance changes etc!

I need to attach it around the incoming fuel line as close as possible to the combustion area - i.e. I guess just before the fuel line splits to the injectors.

Can anyone point to where this might be and how to get there on a '03 T4 2.5 - hopefully with a piccy? :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
dont think youll be able to buddie as the fuel lines into the injctors are made of steel and not plastic. i think the only place you could put them is just before the fuel pump on the fuel in line tho. hope this helps dooood:ILU:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 800special!

Just before the fuel pump is where the instructions say it should go. Soz - should have said that probably!.. Problem is I don't know where this is as I'm a (car) mechanical numpty...

dont think youll be able to buddie as the fuel lines into the injctors are made of steel and not plastic. i think the only place you could put them is just before the fuel pump on the fuel in line tho. hope this helps dooood:ILU:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah maybe a fair comment but as I say my bike tuner said he saw economy gains from it and he's a bright, frugal guy who knows his combustion engines. He did say the newer the engine saw less gains than the newer ones he had seen (had 3 vans and used it on all of them) - which would be in keeping with the ASA's dispute - but I say for the £12 I bought it for it was worth a punt.

So could anyone point me in the general direction in the engine bay that I need to be fitting this?

Thanks!T:

Best place to fit it?

In the bin.

Advertsisng Standards adjudication

·
6,703 Posts
in between the fuel filter and injector pump would be a good start.

There are plastic sections that you can splice it into. Just lengthen them and locate the unit where you like.

My personal feeling is snake oil, but let us know just the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts