VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My 1991 T4 2.0L (AAC) Petrol currently has a Bosch 044 906 022E ECU unit which is not working correctly.
Will a 044 906 022R unit (from a slightly newer 1995 2.0L AAC) work okay ??

Any advice greatly appreciated !!

Many thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
I tried a later one in mine (1994, was 022L) but it didn't work terribly well. Later AACs have a catalytic converter and a lambda probe so possibly the ECU expects that input (and isn't smart enough to use some default value if it's not getting one). Had the original rebuilt in the end and now works a treat. £300 though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both comments.

I agree. Now on the hunt for a replacement Bosch 044 906 022E
If anyone knows where I can get one - would be greatly appreciated!

Failing that, I think it is the pressure sensor that has gone within the ECU. Anyone know where I can get one of these ?
(Bosch 1 267 632 013 100kPa)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mike

Trawling through old thread's as I have an issue with my T4 petrol ECU. Can you remember who rebuilt yours - I am struggling to find someone who can do it.

Many thanks

Ben
I tried a later one in mine (1994, was 022L) but it didn't work terribly well. Later AACs have a catalytic converter and a lambda probe so possibly the ECU expects that input (and isn't smart enough to use some default value if it's not getting one). Had the original rebuilt in the end and now works a treat. £300 though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts