VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some feedback on this firm. It's website is good and full of very positive testimonials. But...

My 1991 T4 1.9 has had a catastrophic loss of coolant and I need the engine to be replaced. I've had various quotes for remanufactured engines but it will also require other parts, not least a new set of hoses which noone manufactures any more.

ECU say they can fit an engine with 24m warranty for £2.5k Others have quoted this just for the engine.

I don't want to get my van shipped across the country only to find that this is a con. There was a limited company of the same name in Norwich which closed down some years ago. I can't find any other references.

Any feedback, good or bad, will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

wondered f it was possible to get an update on this thread as I am also looking for a new engine for a T5 2.5l.

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I would definitely not recommend ECU solutions Brentwood. I went with them to replace a gearbox. From start to finish it was a nightmare. Trying to get hold of them, trying to get them to confirm when the work would be completed. The time to complete the work was extended, they tried to change the quote by saying something else had gone wrong after they "had completed the gearbox replacement". They also tried to charge me more. When I finally got the car back the gearbox was dead within 3 weeks. They refused to come and collect the car, told me it was on me to get it back to them. It was one of the most unprofessional experiences I've ever had. Avoid them at all costs. They are cheap for a reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am currently having problems with ECU. They have had my car for months saying they are waiting for a part on back order. Any information
on them would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am currently having problems with ECU. They have had my car for months saying they are waiting for a part on back order. Any information
on them would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards
Hi Hannad,

I need to speak to privately about ECU SOLUTIONS and anyone else having problens please contact me on [email protected] it's urgent and it will benefit you.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well this is the first time i have managed to find anything mentioned about these guys.

I had a catastrophic engine over fueling and sent my car over 100 miles to these guys. The job escalated to 4.5k which i was ok with as they offered 2 year warranty and wasn't as cheap as some other places who offered less warranty. I didn't just go for the cheapest making this all the more frutstrating and now upsetting.

My journey started with a recommendation from a friend to put the job on engine professionals and multiple garrages contacted me with quotes for reconditioned or flat swaps (i wish i went for a swap).

The guy was super friendly and told me its 2.5k for a reconditioned engine providing the unit was serviceable. I was honest told him what had happened witht the over fueling and he told me the costs could spiral which wasnt great news but i accepted it.

The final bill came to 4.5k and a tow charge ontop which was fine considering the job that had to be done was big. Within 1 day my gf smelt smoke we popped the hood and noted there was oil on the hot parts of the engine and the coolant was low. I figured the oil ontop of the outside of the engine was burning so we cleaned it up topped the coolant and carried on.

The car ran pefect! Efficiency and power. Whoever worked on it knows what they are doing. Problem is it took an absolute age and every step was sold as a favour! My car was picked up from a vallet center and we still dont know the exact address of the work shop.

Unhappy i sent it back and im waiting 2+ months for it to come back. I literally hoped it had been stolen as insurance companies are probably easier to deal with than these people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve not got a T4 but I had them put a supposed recon engine and a new ECU in my golf. They had my car for 10.5 weeks, I paid them £3000 half way through. Communication is awful, you have to keep calling them. Not pleased with the service -

Engine light back on the next day and the state of my car and the smell was appalling -
F9956754-3AF8-4E86-8831-D6D282115E33.jpeg
562DADD2-A5D6-46E2-AF6B-183FB3A20868.jpeg
828F32F6-ECB6-4A22-97A7-575E4377C7F0.jpeg
3E4A3495-B25B-42C0-A518-003919C35D92.jpeg
7938D7D4-0C20-4F0C-885F-C0C3247C5E1D.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys I’m another who has suffered at the hands of “jack” and the gang at ECU solutions in Brentwood. Having taken my car to him with a seized engine, he replaced but within 8 weeks it had seized again. This apparently wasn’t covered under my 2 year warranty, when he finally agreed to repair, it was as a ‘gesture of goodwill’. That was April 26th and i now consider myself very lucky to have got my car back on the 13th November - a brief time compared to some of the other victims I am in contact with.

So here’s my “look at list” for any potential new customers...
The website looks great but check the reviews and the grammatical errors that run through all the wonderful feedback. (Same person I suggest)

Workshop photo’s look like you could eat your dinner from the floor but, if you can, go and visit the workshop, you may find that you come up against a lot of different reasons as to why you are unable to, eg we’re on ministry of defence land so you can’t gain access. Or, it’s a narrow winding lane. Or, it’s best if you just drop it in the car park behind our offices. And about these offices, it’s a Regus virtual office so they don’t actually have an office there, they just pay for the address and a receptionist.

You will probably only get to speak to a guy called ‘Jack’, he is the only person I dealt with in the 11 months of our painful experience. The other people involved in this setup are ‘the valet centre’ where you may collect your vehicle. This is a polite way of saying a car wash on the Southend arterial road. My experience of this was the non English speaking group of around 7/8 gentlemen pushing my car onto the forecourt and jump starting it with an explanation that the lights had been left on earlier that day.

The list of excuses as to why i couldn’t have my car back for 6 months ranged from... The Covid pandemic to damp replacement parts sent from ‘his guy’ in Holland to his daughters brain tumour. And I believe now he is undergoing cancer treatment himself. Bad luck? Or karma?

The original bill of £2500 escalated to £3900 due to the engine not being repairable and the wiring loom needing replacing.

All in all an expensive and stressful experience. lesson learned.
May this testimony go some way to preventing others experiencing the same. I am not alone, right now there are at least 5 of us building a case against ECU and their unethical and non consumer friendly approach.
If you too have been a victim of ECU please reach out #Mecu2

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys I’m another who has suffered at the hands of “jack” and the gang at ECU solutions in Brentwood. Having taken my car to him with a seized engine, he replaced but within 8 weeks it had seized again. This apparently wasn’t covered under my 2 year warranty, when he finally agreed to repair, it was as a ‘gesture of goodwill’. That was April 26th and i now consider myself very lucky to have got my car back on the 13th November - a brief time compared to some of the other victims I am in contact with.

So here’s my “look at list” for any potential new customers...
The website looks great but check the reviews and the grammatical errors that run through all the wonderful feedback. (Same person I suggest)

Workshop photo’s look like you could eat your dinner from the floor but, if you can, go and visit the workshop, you may find that you come up against a lot of different reasons as to why you are unable to, eg we’re on ministry of defence land so you can’t gain access. Or, it’s a narrow winding lane. Or, it’s best if you just drop it in the car park behind our offices. And about these offices, it’s a Regus virtual office so they don’t actually have an office there, they just pay for the address and a receptionist.

You will probably only get to speak to a guy called ‘Jack’, he is the only person I dealt with in the 11 months of our painful experience. The other people involved in this setup are ‘the valet centre’ where you may collect your vehicle. This is a polite way of saying a car wash on the Southend arterial road. My experience of this was the non English speaking group of around 7/8 gentlemen pushing my car onto the forecourt and jump starting it with an explanation that the lights had been left on earlier that day.

The list of excuses as to why i couldn’t have my car back for 6 months ranged from... The Covid pandemic to damp replacement parts sent from ‘his guy’ in Holland to his daughters brain tumour. And I believe now he is undergoing cancer treatment himself. Bad luck? Or karma?

The original bill of £2500 escalated to £3900 due to the engine not being repairable and the wiring loom needing replacing.

All in all an expensive and stressful experience. lesson learned.
May this testimony go some way to preventing others experiencing the same. I am not alone, right now there are at least 5 of us building a case against ECU and their unethical and non consumer friendly approach.
If you too have been a victim of ECU please reach out #Mecu2
Hi,
I have already left a post here some months ago. Jack has fed me all the same **** as you have listed. He’s had my car for 16 months now and I don’t think I’ll be getting it back as I know two other people who haven’t had their cars back for 2 years and 4 years respectively. You can email me at [email protected]
Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wish I had read these reviews before I had my car transported down to Essex for a gearbox for my Skoda (I also have VW's!!). Has anyone tried to retrieve their cars back by legal methods and claim compensation for time wasting? My car has been in Essex now for 5 years and basically, the reasons for non return are: the gearbox was not the problem so I have had to fit another one (as a goodwill gesture); the reason is due to it being an electrical issue which affects the gearbox and this needs resolving; the way to remedy the electrical problem is to fit a new wiring loom (apparently made up by a friend who does Formula 1 cars, so it will be top notch, although will cost another £1500 for this, but it will solve the problem); the wiring loom has not worked as expected, so I have had to refit a wiring loom from a donor car; the transporting of the car between our garage and the electricians has caused scratches to the car, so I have had it repainted (as a goodwill gesture); it was all ready to go, but the electricians have caused a short and the ECU needs resetting and there is a difference between the ECU A and the ECU B that your car has; lockdown; cancer treatment; daughter's brain tumour and generally fobbing off excuses. Since the car went for its £3500 gearbox (the Skoda is a VRS), I have finished paying off the finance, my husband has been registered as disabled and had to end work (so the payments have been a struggle) and the weekly texts are just ridiculous now. During the first year, it seemed semi-reasonable and I am a generous person, but I have now lost any respect I may have had and am considering whether to commit to legal action, Judge Rinder or Matthew Allbright and Watchdog!! I thought I was the only person experiencing this with this garage - how wrong I was!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I had read these reviews before I had my car transported down to Essex for a gearbox for my Skoda (I also have VW's!!). Has anyone tried to retrieve their cars back by legal methods and claim compensation for time wasting? My car has been in Essex now for 5 years and basically, the reasons for non return are: the gearbox was not the problem so I have had to fit another one (as a goodwill gesture); the reason is due to it being an electrical issue which affects the gearbox and this needs resolving; the way to remedy the electrical problem is to fit a new wiring loom (apparently made up by a friend who does Formula 1 cars, so it will be top notch, although will cost another £1500 for this, but it will solve the problem); the wiring loom has not worked as expected, so I have had to refit a wiring loom from a donor car; the transporting of the car between our garage and the electricians has caused scratches to the car, so I have had it repainted (as a goodwill gesture); it was all ready to go, but the electricians have caused a short and the ECU needs resetting and there is a difference between the ECU A and the ECU B that your car has; lockdown; cancer treatment; daughter's brain tumour and generally fobbing off excuses. Since the car went for its £3500 gearbox (the Skoda is a VRS), I have finished paying off the finance, my husband has been registered as disabled and had to end work (so the payments have been a struggle) and the weekly texts are just ridiculous now. During the first year, it seemed semi-reasonable and I am a generous person, but I have now lost any respect I may have had and am considering whether to commit to legal action, Judge Rinder or Matthew Allbright and Watchdog!! I thought I was the only person experiencing this with this garage - how wrong I was!
Hi Hannad,

I need to speak to privately about ECU SOLUTIONS and anyone else having problens please contact me on [email protected] it's urgent and it will benefit you.

Thanks,
I too experience a nightmare with this company , I shipped my Leon Cupra to them
As I had a problem with the motor and was expecting them to do a rebuild as quoted ... top and possibly bottom end .... I shipped it in may of last year and the price went from 2500 to 3600 , most of the extras came from this guy “J” say ire electric ⚡ problems ...

In the end I had to keep hounding him .. I did a bit of research and made a few phone calls and with in an hour he was on the phone asking why I was asking questions about his company !!! Wasn’t happy

Just before Christmas he said that the car was ready and I could arrange transportation !!!!
Car arrived and wouldn’t start ....
so did more research - took it to a local company that I Subsequently found , they did some checks on the car to find that the engine had never been out of the car... all the cylinders were full of rust and the block had a big crack in it ....

Any way because it was under guarantee “J” said send it back and they would sort it ...

Didn’t want to do that as I didn’t trust him so I made a deal with him , and as long as I forgot about the warranty he would refund me what i asked for ... surprise he did .... the amount I got back was enough to buy a new ending and pay pay foe the fitting ..... probably out by about £1500 but at least I have my car back and it’s as good as new

I have spoke to a couple of others who have had the same issues as myself ... all the stories are the same ...

This company should not be in business , I really don’t know how they get away with it. ...
And what puzzles me is - what is there aim !!!!! What are the actually doing ?????
Best advice stay clear

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
They're scammers with a virtual office address inside Regus, Brentwood.

They run various websites, see if you can spot a familiarity here:

The Autoessentials address above is another virtual (i.e. non existant) office within a branch of Regus.

Here they are again under a different name:

Something else here:

I think you get the picture.......

HH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone managed to have their car returned recently? I might have some information that could help regarding the location of ECU Solutions "workshop".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts