VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

Registered
Guys I鈥檓 another who has suffered at the hands of 鈥渏ack鈥 and the gang at ECU solutions in Brentwood. Having taken my car to him with a seized engine, he replaced but within 8 weeks it had seized again. This apparently wasn鈥檛 covered under my 2 year warranty, when he finally agreed to repair, it was as a 鈥榞esture of goodwill鈥. That was April 26th and i now consider myself very lucky to have got my car back on the 13th November - a brief time compared to some of the other victims I am in contact with.

So here鈥檚 my 鈥渓ook at list鈥 for any potential new customers...
The website looks great but check the reviews and the grammatical errors that run through all the wonderful feedback. (Same person I suggest)

Workshop photo鈥檚 look like you could eat your dinner from the floor but, if you can, go and visit the workshop, you may find that you come up against a lot of different reasons as to why you are unable to, eg we鈥檙e on ministry of defence land so you can鈥檛 gain access. Or, it鈥檚 a narrow winding lane. Or, it鈥檚 best if you just drop it in the car park behind our offices. And about these offices, it鈥檚 a Regus virtual office so they don鈥檛 actually have an office there, they just pay for the address and a receptionist.

You will probably only get to speak to a guy called 鈥楯ack鈥, he is the only person I dealt with in the 11 months of our painful experience. The other people involved in this setup are 鈥榯he valet centre鈥 where you may collect your vehicle. This is a polite way of saying a car wash on the Southend arterial road. My experience of this was the non English speaking group of around 7/8 gentlemen pushing my car onto the forecourt and jump starting it with an explanation that the lights had been left on earlier that day.

The list of excuses as to why i couldn鈥檛 have my car back for 6 months ranged from... The Covid pandemic to damp replacement parts sent from 鈥榟is guy鈥 in Holland to his daughters brain tumour. And I believe now he is undergoing cancer treatment himself. Bad luck? Or karma?

The original bill of 拢2500 escalated to 拢3900 due to the engine not being repairable and the wiring loom needing replacing.

All in all an expensive and stressful experience. lesson learned.
May this testimony go some way to preventing others experiencing the same. I am not alone, right now there are at least 5 of us building a case against ECU and their unethical and non consumer friendly approach.
If you too have been a victim of ECU please reach out #Mecu2
Hi..I'm having problems with this company..do you know the work shop address?... regards

Registered
Have you had any luck? Hoping you have it back!
Hi..it was looking good up until today...was told last week it would be ready for tomorrow...so I rang him today. Asking what time shall I come in the morning? Only to be told there's another problem with the gearbox..and that he's trying he best to source the part he needs..and he wishes he never started the job..blah..blah..blah..I should imagine everyone on here as heard the same bull s**t. Seems to me he's forever buying time for whatever reason...馃馃

Registered
Hi..it was looking good up until today...was told last week it would be ready for tomorrow...so I rang him today. Asking what time shall I come in the morning? Only to be told there's another problem with the gearbox..and that he's trying he best to source the part he needs..and he wishes he never started the job..blah..blah..blah..I should imagine everyone on here as heard the same bull s**t. Seems to me he's forever buying time for whatever reason...馃馃
But what reason? Frustrating is not in it. We've checked mine and there's no trace of a new wiring loom and all belongings that were in the car have gone. I know it sounds silly , but even down to a toy horse! Sat nav, dab radio, discs out of boxes, a sun screen with eyes (looks like Cars) and my toy horse bought on holiday. Still no sign of the paperwork promised either.

Registered
Can anyone advise on how they got their car back from ECU-Solutions please?
I got my back yesterday filthy , inside and out terrible people to work with and they are very unprofessional and rude especially jack the owner . I would rather throw a car away than to have them do any work on it . Total nightmare

Registered
How long did they have your car? Mines been over a year now.
Glad you have your car back. The only recommendation I would suggest is to complete the online Citizens Advice form regarding him and his business, so that the Essex Trading Standards have more evidence. Anything in my car that was loose was taken, so I would check you got everything back too.

Registered
Hi, I've recently filled in the Citizens Advice form as suggested by others, can I recommend that as many people as possible add to the Trustpilot reviews as well. There are currently 2 on there but the rating is still 2.9, the more people that add a review the lower it will drop. Obviously they haven't 'claimed' the page but it's still worth getting the reviews out there.

Registered
OMG I am literally reading this thread and shaking!
We were scammed by a rogue dealer last Christmas when we bought a Discovery that turned out to be a heap of s**t. Long story short, an hour after accepting delivery the gearbox went. That part of the story is bad enough and too long to ramble on about here.
I came across Honest Jack, who responded to me on one of those quote sites.
Initial quote of 拢1800, then like it seems for everyone else, there was another problem. That cost an extra 拢4000 - but you get to the point that you鈥檝e spent X amount of money - do you cut your losses or pay up in the hope that you will at least have a half-decent car that should run for a few years?
When I initially spoke to HJ, I told him that we鈥檇 been scammed by a dealer - he must have blessed his stars - haha, another lamb to the slaughter! Naturally, he has just been doing his best to help me out of a bad experience. Doing this and that but not charging us - getting his guys to do the work out of hours because his accounts department were moaning at him for not putting the work on 鈥榓 ticket鈥. Replaced the gearbox, found out it was the crankshaft that caused the damage to the gearbox, replaced that, something done on the suspension, then there was a problem with a fuel sensor, that turned out to be a problem with wiring, which turned out to be a problem with the ECU, that he managed to find a replacement from a mate of his in Swindon who has a breaker鈥檚 yard, but one of the units (I鈥檓 not technically minded when it comes to cars) needed reprogramming to work鈥..
Every bloody week it would be ready the following week - all the excuses previously mentioned by others on this forum, daughter鈥檚 brain tumour, member of staff dying from Covid, short staff due to Covid, he鈥檚 now having treatment for cancer, today he replied to my text stating that HE has Covid and very ill with it. The car has been with him now since last January.
All this time I have been speaking to him, not realising that he鈥檚 been spinning the same yarn to lots of other customers. I feel so stupid! Rolled over by the dealer and then by him!

Registered
We were scammed by a rogue dealer last Christmas when we bought a Discovery that turned out to be a heap of s**t. Long story short, an hour after accepting delivery the gearbox went. That part of the story is bad enough and too long to ramble on about here.
Initial quote of 拢1800, then like it seems for everyone else, there was another problem. That cost an extra 拢4000 - but you get to the point that you鈥檝e spent X amount of money - do you cut your losses or pay up in the hope that you will at least have a half-decent car that should run for a few years?
When I initially spoke to HJ, I told him that we鈥檇 been scammed by a dealer - he must have blessed his stars - haha, another lamb to the slaughter! Naturally, he has just been doing his best to help me out of a bad experience. Doing this and that but not charging us - getting his guys to do the work out of hours because his accounts department were moaning at him for not putting the work on 鈥榓 ticket鈥. Replaced the gearbox, found out it was the crankshaft that caused the damage to the gearbox, replaced that, something done on the suspension, then there was a problem with a fuel sensor, that turned out to be a problem with wiring, which turned out to be a problem with the ECU, that he managed to find a replacement from a mate of his in Swindon who has a breaker鈥檚 yard, but one of the units (I鈥檓 not technically minded when it comes to cars) needed reprogramming to work鈥..
Every bloody week it would be ready the following week - all the excuses previously mentioned by others on this forum, daughter鈥檚 brain tumour, member of staff dying from Covid, short staff due to Covid, he鈥檚 now having treatment for cancer, today he replied to my text stating that HE has Covid and very ill with it. The car has been with him now since last January.
All this time I have been speaking to him, not realising that he鈥檚 been spinning the same yarn to lots of other customers. I feel so stupid! Rolled over by the dealer and then by him!
So sorry to hear of someone else having to go through this stress and anguish. I ask that you complete the online form for citizens advice that will go to the trading standards team in Essex so they have more evidence. Like I've mentioned before, they need as much evidence in order to prosecute him. I also left a review on trust pilot just so anyone checking him out maybe sees this and reconsiders. It galls me that he has done this to so many people.

Registered
I can't believe this continues. So sorry that people are still going through this. I can only reiterate what @Vixen said, please can everyone fill in the online form and leave a trustpilot review. Jack needs to be stopped!
There must be enough of us for Trading Standards to build a good case against him.
I hope this link works...

Registered
Has anyone managed to have their car returned recently? I might have some information that could help regarding the location of ECU Solutions "workshop".
Hi,
I鈥檓 still waiting for my car to be returned - they鈥檙e had it for 11 months!
All the same excuses given - would be very interested in any information about their location.

Registered
Reading this makes me wonder what the business model is. I get cars in, we fix them as quickly as possible as we want them collected and paid for. Thats how we put food on the table and pay our bills. If a car is sat around for a year or so with us putting parts on that we have to pay out for, well that aint making money. Do they ask for cash up front or something? As that alone would set alarm bells ringing

Registered
Just read this whole thread, this seems crazy I feel super bad for you guys there is nothing worse than being scammed and 100% this is a scam. I've always been suspicious of mechanics who pick up your vehicle and take it away - even if a garage scams you, at least you know where they operate.

My van (for the measly amount it is worth anyway) has a tracker on it, something that costs next to nothing is so easily overlooked as a security measure - I've always had a tracker since my old man suggested everyone should have one for theft (he's a retired CSI worker). This would be a perfect situation for that as you could track where they operate.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts