VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ED our T4 1.9 TD Camper....Refused to start just before xmas started her up went to fill her up but then she refused to start at the fuel pumps had to be pushed of the forecourt. was recovered and she has been on the drive since.
ISUE: Key in ignition turn-lights come on and go out a usual turn to start and NOTHING. I have pulled the started motor and had it tested saw it fire and run at the garage so i put it back in cleaned all battery terminals and earth strap points can't see anything wrong there. swapped the battery with then 1 in my caddy..nothing. Just replaced the ignition switch this morn in the hopes that that was the prob but still NOTHING. HELP.....short of getting a mechanic in or getting it to the garage i don't know what else to look at. Because I'm not getting anything on the turn of the key my gut is saying electrical or immobiliser which is way out of my skill set... Is it worth swapping the started for a new 1 just on the off chance I'm tempted as its pretty grubby and corroded tho i don't think its the problem....... any help great fully accepted at this point..cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts