VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello folks, you may remember me from a few years ago when I offered my trimming services. I've come a long way since then and I'm here to update you all with my offerings.

As some of you may remember I strive for the best finish I can offer, and with doing a fair few T5's over the years I've developed some new techniques that I believe offer one of the most OEM/Factory finishes possible and I'm here to share that with you now.

Recently I finished Nigels T5, Unfortunatley, Nigel had the cabin trimmed by another upholsterer. Nigel was upset at the finish of the work and approached me to re-trim the cabin once more. I have a few pictures up first of the work that was carried out by the other upholsterer, I'm not naming and shaming here I just want to make people aware. Nigel was told his cabin would be trimmed in Leather and Alcantara, neither of the fabrics used where the ones quoted, both fake substitutes. I see this happening alot.

The following pictures are the results of alot of hard work and correction, as you can see I believe this is the most 'complete' trim I can offer, the doorcard retains all of its functions from the cup holder to the factory speaker grill without the use of bulky seams. The pockets are lined in Alcantara with a leather base.

All plastics have been painted Matt black to match the finish of factory black parts, even the pull handles were stripped down and each individual part was painted black to not leave any cream visible, the same goes for light fittings, sun visors and any other plastics.

Thanks for reading, any comments welcome along with any questions you have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would also be interested in this, what sort of price would it be for top and bottom parts of the dash? Would the dash have to come out?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Steve,

This is the best retrim I've seen anywhere! Could I get a rough idea of price and lead time too? Just working on a budget for my T5 upgrades and interior is definitely next on the list.

Cheers,

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts